Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order:
Richard Katz, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
37. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
38. RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
39. RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
40. ADOPT the following positions on State Legislation:
A. AB 1446 (Feuer) – Would remove the sunset date in Measure R and authorize an extension to be placed on the ballot. SUPPORT
B. AB 2247 (Lowenthal) – Would authorize Metro's Transit Court to administratively process violations for vending on our system. SUPPORT WORK WITH AUTHOR
C. TBD (TBD) - Retention of revenues from sale of properties in the SR710 Corridor. SUPPORT
D. SB 1117 (Desaulnier) – Would require CTC to prepare a statewide passenger rail transportation plan for adoption by September 2014. SUPPORT
41. CONSIDER: [HANDOUT]
1. The strategy for improving existing and future rail and fixed guideway stations signage and wayfinding, including pedestrian and bicycle connectivity, and customer amenities as directed by the Board in February 2012 (Item 31A);
2. $8,800,000 Life-of-Project (LOP) capital budget in FY13 to overhaul signage at 20 Metro Blue Line stations and park & ride lots. This will be the initial phase of a systemwide State of Good Repair program that will cover Metro Green, Red, Purple, Orange and Gold Lines and commence in FY14;
3. $937,000 in operating costs required for the State of Good Repair program in the FY14 and future budgets;\
4. a total of four FTEs to be added in the FY13 budget, two in Countywide Planning and two in Creative Services to develop, implement, and manage the Customer Facilities State of Good Repair program, and advance the recruitment process so that the positions are filled at the start of FY13. An additional two positions will be requested in the FY14 Facilities Maintenance budget to maintain the Customer Facilities; and
B. receiving and filing status report on the efforts to date to address the Board directive.
42. RECEIVE AND FILE Board requested report on customer experience improvements.
43. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. implement the recommended Gate Locking Implementation Plan; and
B. execute Amendment No. 92 to Contract No. OP-02-4610-10 with Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc. for an amount not to exceed $900,000 to modify swing gates system-wide; install additional emergency swing gates; install Fire Key Switches; modify TVM screens; install one additional TVM; and up to an additional $2 million change order authority to Contract No. OP-02-4610-10 with Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc. to address exigent and unforeseen circumstances during gate locking implementation.
A. adopting the proposed Labor Compliance Program as detailed in Attachment A of the board report;
B. adopting the Resolution in Attachment B of the board report;
C. authorizing submittal of the program to the State of California Department of Industrial Relations; and
D. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to amend the Labor Compliance Program as necessary to comply with regulatory changes.
46. RECEIVE oral update on TAP working group.
47. RECEIVE oral report on Analysis and Findings - Project Acceleration Methodologies. (HANDOUT)
(ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING & FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEES)
70. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the Operations Blue Line Assessment.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Directions to Metro, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
* This is the unofficial format of the Executive Management Committee - Revised agenda.